American Greetings | Napa, CA | Standing Offer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize own artistic ability, training and creativity to create original and high-quality art products for the Company in various assigned product categories
- Apply creative processes to create unique cutting-edge products and product designs
- Prepare layouts, sketches, mock-ups and other materials to illustrate new product concepts,
- Suggest editorial and marketing tie-ins,
- Manage the development of assigned products through internal and external resources, ensuring they release on time, meet all production requirements and established margin guidelines.
- Assign creative assignments to freelance resources and insure that quality and execution of designs meets company standards
- Communicate clear and accurate written print instructions to Graphic Design and Purchasing Departments to ensure correct printing of the product.
- Manage workload and schedule of artists and photographers.
- Manage the editorial, graphics and production needs of assigned products in conjunction with writer, graphic designers and purchasing buyers.
- Understand standard Schurman licensing agreement. Monitor parameters as established in agreement. Negotiate licensing terms with artists and licensing agents that fall within pricing structure of company.
- Adhere to cost/retail sales guidelines to ensure both high quality and high volume product sales, and participate in the review/analysis of booking reports, retail sales, carryover and Papyrus/Sales feedback.
- Attend trade shows and press checks as needed
- Keep current with trends in design, art, color, and product enhancement, as well as other market trends.
- 1-3 years experience as Art Director in card, gift or related industry.
- Knowledge of pre-production, 4 color printing and special printing techniques.
- Strong project management and negotiating skills are necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art or comparable experience