Hosfelt Gallery, a contemporary art gallery founded in San Francisco 1996 and representing an international roster of contemporary artists and artists’ estates, is seeking an experienced Gallery Director.
The position is 32 – 40 hours/week on site. Compensation includes salary + commission and is commensurate with experience.
• Generate sales, develop new client relationships, and field incoming sales inquiries
• Oversee all aspects of gallery participation in art fairs, including applications, advance preparations and staffing the booth
• Oversee the gallery’s marketing and communications
• Develop relationships with gallery artists and a solid working knowledge about their practice and oeuvre
• Oversee client development events, including receptions, dinners, and educational events
• Attend relevant events outside of the gallery
• As part of a 4-person senior staff, generate and build relationships with new and existing collectors, gallery colleagues, critics and writers, and museum professionals
• Supervise gallery assistants and interns
The ideal candidate:
· Is strongly motivated and self-directed, with sales experience and prior gallery, auction house, or museum experience
· Brings to the position a substantial client base and well-developed relationships within the art world
· Possesses knowledge of art history, contemporary art, and the San Francisco and broader international art communities
· Has excellent organizational, communications and managerial skills
· Is a team player who understands the value of working together towards a common goal
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.