We are seeking a healthy and happy split personality – left brain and right brain type of individual – to manage both the behind the scenes and front of house aspects of our membership and volunteer programs. The Membership, Volunteer & Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and growing an effective membership and volunteer program as well as coordinating our member and volunteer events. This person should be able to geek out on our NEON computer database, entering and updating member data, sending our membership cards, and running the system to generate donation receipts. Then this cheerful multi-tasker will put on their party hat (and shoes) to coordinate popular events like our Openings, annual Member Appreciation Party, and special programs, ensuring participation and enjoyment by our volunteers, members and guests. This individual will foster a positive atmosphere of cooperation with Staff, Volunteers, Members, community partners, and Museum visitors to enhance Napa Valley Museum Yountville’s reputation and to advance our mission and goals. If you are an enthusiastic people-person who also needs your concentrated work time to display your awesome attention to detail, this might be the perfect job for you.
– Recruit volunteers by means of networking, advertising, events, and etc.
– Assess volunteer needs and coordinate necessary training to ensure they are qualified for the provided task
– Create and manage assignments and responsibilities for volunteers
– Provide guidance, support, resource tools and meaningful work
– Assign and recruit volunteers for special events
– Update volunteers on upcoming events, exhibits, and sign ups
– Maintain and update the Napa Valley Museum Yountville Volunteer Handbook
– Play key role in the recruitment and retention of members
– Develop goals and action plans to expand the membership program
– Manage membership data in NEON database to create and maintain accurate member records; update information; generate reports, and process new members. Work with Finance and Administrative Manager to ensure coordination and reconciliation with accounting and bookkeeping systems and programs and with Board on fundraising mailings and events.
– Provide members with accurate information on special events, member benefits and services.
– Create and timely send marketing materials including letters, renewals, membership cards, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, and surveys
– Assist in member fundraising, major gifts fundraising, business memberships, and other fundraising events and programs.
– coordinate events like our Openings, annual Member Appreciation Party, and special programs
– manage participation by our volunteers and facilitate attendance by our members and guests
– work with Executive Director, Manager of Exhibitions & Programs and others to ensure communication and calendaring of venue rentals and private events
– add program and event attendee and member emails to Constant Contact Because face time with our members and visitors is key, this position works on the weekends. This position also serves as a backup during open hours in customer service, cash register, handling cash, and visitor check in, as well as with the Museum Store. This position currently reports to the Executive Director.
– Passion for the arts a MUST!
– Successful volunteer and member relations and recruitment skills
– Proven track record of Customer Service
– Strong personal ethics, positive attitude and innovative approach to day- today management and responsibilities
– Knowledge and experience working with non-profit, for profit hospitality, or tourist agencies
– Familiarity with the Napa Valley a plus
– Interest and familiarity with social media as a tool for reaching members, volunteers and visitors a plus
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to work independently
– Interest in fostering teamwork, and willingness to pitch in as needed, are required
– Knowledge and experience working with customer or donor databases required; experience with NEON, a plus
– Must be willing to learn NEON, Constant Contact, and Excel
– MUST be able to work both Saturday and Sunday
This is a full time position of 32 hours a week, with benefits. Hourly pay will be $18-20, depending upon experience. The position reports to the Executive Director. The nature of this position requires working weekends and some evenings; regular Saturday and Sunday staffing of the Museum would be required. Napa Valley Museum Yountville is an at-will employer, which means either Napa Valley Museum Yountville or its employees may terminate the employee-employer relationship at any time without notice.
How to apply
Please submit letter of interest, and resume as one PDF to Executive Director Laura Rafaty, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read
“Membership, Volunteer & Events Coordinator.”