Social Media/Community Outreach Coordinator
Location: Napa, California
Start Date: Immediately
Music in the Vineyards is the Napa Valley’s longest running Chamber Music Festival. Founded in 1995, it has grown to be one of Napa’s premier cultural events and continues to lead the way in the presentation of outstanding music performance. The Festival is unique in its ability to host concerts of international scale featuring the world’s most highly regarded artists while also highlighting Napa’s winery venues.
Music in the Vineyards is currently undergoing a re-design of our website and alongside this we aim to build and establish a robust social media presence, particularly during the Festival in August. The Festival is also expanding our community activities with accessible concerts, family events and the continuation of our Fellowship String Quartet Program (FSQ). The FSQ is resident during the festival and give a program of free performances throughout the Napa Valley community for all age groups. Reporting to the Executive Director, MITV’s Social Media and Community Outreach Coordinator will work with the artistic directors and musicians to establish and implement a calendar of social media activity. Alongside this the Coordinator will maintain and build on community contacts and schedule the activities of the FSQ prior to the Festival. In a small office, the Social Media /Community Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the other staff and will be fully involved and supported in all aspects of the role. Candidates for this position must be able to fulfill a flexible work schedule with occasional weekend and evening hours particularly during the Festival in August.
- Serve as primary content creator and moderator for MITV’s social media channels. Collaborate with Marketing Manager to enlist other staff members, artists and partner organizations to assist in this effort where practical and appropriate.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in creating content and interacting with followers when representing MITV on social media channels.
- Ensure consistency across all platforms in compliance with our brand, design, and content standards.
- Ensure that digital communication content is current, and that it is posted and removed in a timely manner.
- Attend Festival events to serve as MITV’s social media voice; identify and pursue timely opportunities for engaging content.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally, and with artists, to create, produce and edit online content that engages audiences, including but not limited to artist-provided media, interviews and behind-the scenes content.
- Maintain social media content calendar and asset archives.
- Direct and manage outside photography and video contractors during Festival.
- Coordinate possible livestreaming efforts in partnership with the MITV team.
- Provide detailed analysis and accurate reporting on demographic, behavioral, and e-commerce metrics for website, email and social media channels. Define possible areas for growth and improvement.
- Monitor trends in emerging media; experiment and adapt strategies and techniques toward meeting engagement and revenue goals.
- Oversee the planning, recruitment, development, implementation, and evaluation of the Fellowship String Quartet program in collaboration with the MITV team.
- Collaborate with the MITV team on the planning, scheduling and implementation of the Solo Instrumental Competition including competition rounds and final winners’ performance.
- Research, recruit, coordinate school partners for solo instrumental competition participation.
- Build on network of community partners for outreach projects, and innovative collaborations including outdoor performances, performances at retirement homes, Boys and Girls clubs, hospitals, public buildings, art galleries, etc. as part of Festival program including consideration of production expectations.
- Contribute written content for all education & community programs marketing and outreach materials.
- Collaborate with MITV team on print pieces, website pages, photographic needs, ticket offers to community, social media; interface with graphic designers to ensure high standard and completion of materials.
- Assist the Community & Education Committee with data collection, preparation, and reporting for grants that support community programming and strategic outreach initiatives.
- Work with Board members and patrons to cultivate relationships and opportunities in the Napa area.
- Assist the Executive Director on additional projects and administrative work as needed.
- Serve as organization’s primary contact for community program participants.
- A passion for the arts and for our mission to enrich people’s lives through the power of music.
- Experience in nonprofit or corporate marketing and communication; experience with non-profit arts marketing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of or appreciation of Classical music.
- A passion for arts education and the ability to clearly communicate the mission and goals of the organization’s educational programming.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.
- Capability to add to the strength of existing relationships with the community and ability to develop new relationships.
- High level of proficiency with social media marketing and management tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools preferred.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time work effectively in a collaborative structure and with personnel throughout every level of MITV.
- 100% commitment during festival dates (typically June through August), including working evenings and weekends.
- Ability for in-person visits to locations where the Festival’s programs and activities occur.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when managing multiple projects.
- A strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on deadline.
- Flexibility and Willingness to take on projects outside of direct responsibilities when needed.
- A positive attitude.
Compensation: Salary $55,000 – $65,000
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA)
- Paid holidays, personal/medical and vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Social Media Community Outreach Position.
Application Deadline: March 12th, 2023