Nimbus Arts Office Manager
Job Summary: The Office Manager will manage office operations and day-to-day bookkeeping for Nimbus Arts, a dynamic and fast-paced Community Arts Center employing 5 staff and 24 as artist instructors. The Office Manager is responsible for a broad variety of bookkeeping and database updating functions, and has a smaller role in human resource management.
Please see our mission statement and learn more about our organization: nimbusarts.org. The Administrator will report to the Executive Director and will also work directly with our CPA. This position requires some in-office time but can be partially remote.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of interest, resume and at least two references. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
• Provide a responsive and welcoming public face for employees and customers through oral and written communication.
• Meet regularly with the Executive Director and also Board members as needed.
• Maintain the daily accounting within Quickbooks accounting systems
• Edit and maintain associated records in related databases such as Neon, Auction Tracker, Gusto and bill.com
• Work with the ED and Treasurer for budget preparation as needed.
• Work with the CPA on annual tax returns
• Provide budget and expense-related information to the ED and Board as needed
• Oversee payroll system (payroll is processed through xxx (gusto or bill.com?)
• Assist with and attend Board meetings as needed
• Prepare a monthly Budget report for the ED and Board
• Prepare, distribute and maintain up-to-date records of policies, procedures, and core documents.
• Recommend changes in office operational procedures, as necessary.
• Run background checks on new hires and volunteers.
• Maintain Employee Manual and confidential staff and personnel files.
• Other duties as required
Our ideal candidate will:
1. Be flexible, hardworking, fun, and enjoy new challenges
2. Be detailed-oriented and able to keep track of a wide range of people/ projects
3. Be a strong communicator and bring a warm, professional, “customer service” orientation to this position.
4. Respond to duties in a timely manner, be able to meet deadlines consistently
5. Have background/experience in accounting/bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop
6. Possess some experience using supporting systems such as Payroll, Vendor payment and donation systems. We currently use Gusto, Bill.com and Neon, so experience with those is ideal though not required.
7. Be willing and able to take on some Accounts Receivable responsibilities
8. Familiarization with class registration and auction systems is ideal but is not required. We currently use ASAP, Auction Tracker/MaxGiving
9. Human Resources experience a plus.
10. Be willing to work onsite at least some of the time to stay connected and keep abreast of ongoing activities.
• Hospitality: Creates a welcoming environment for members, friends, and visitors to the organization.
• Teamwork: Collaborates and communicates clearly and effectively with others; understands that staff teams are interdependent; creates a climate in which people want to do their best; shares ownership and visibility; takes an interest in the health and vitality of the organization as a whole.
• Creativity: Engages in fresh thinking; willing to experiment; approaches challenges from multiple angles.
• Integrity: Is widely trusted, direct, and truthful; follows through on commitments; self-motivated; sets and meets deadlines; establishes priorities and delegates appropriately; manages time effectively; asks for support when needed.
• Self-Awareness: Is conscious of their own reactions to situations and systems; understands unconscious bias; cultivates personal growth; has a realistic understanding of their own gifts and challenges.
• Problem-Solving: Uses a combination of experience, research, and intuition, and engages timely support to explore solutions for difficult problems. Handles complexity and competing demands on resources with skill, diplomacy, and grace.
Job Type: 30 hours per week – full time
Pay: Wage will be commensurate with experience
• Flexible schedule
• Health Insurance
• Vacation + sick time
• Professional development opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
• St Helena, CA 94574: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
• Bachelor’s (Preferred)