A Call for Submissions to “The Future We Create”
Climate change is transforming our world in profound ways. Human activities have dramatically altered our atmosphere and changed the trajectory of life on our planet. How will humanity respond to the many challenges of climate change? Will we learn to thrive via systemic change, innovation, and adaptation? Will we succeed in creating a better world in spite of the challenges we will face?
Youth Action Through Art, in partnership with Art Works For Change, invites young artists (age 22 or younger) to submit original artwork for “The Future We Create,” a crowd-sourced exhibition of artworks that reflect upon our future in the age of climate change.
We want YOU to harness your creativity and share your vision of our ever-changing world.
– What do you think the world will look like in 50 years?
– What do you want the world to look like in 50 years?
– Open to all artists aged 22 or younger
– Work must be original
– Work may be in any medium that can be represented by a digital image, including painting, photography, sculpture, land art, video, and performance art
– There is NO ENTRY FEE to apply for this exhibition opportunity
– Complete the entry form and SUBMIT BY March 15 , 2022 at Midnight
– Artists are invited to upload up to 3 images. If you wish to be considered for a video submission , you may upload stills from – the video as images and share a YouTube or Vimeo link (video files will not be accommodated)
Accepted submissions will be featured in our online exhibition and/or in-person exhibitions throughout the Bay Area.
Artists will be notified by email of their inclusion in the online exhibition and/or in-person exhibition(s).
ABOUT THE SPONSORS
Youth Action Through Art (YATA) is a teen volunteer group within Citizens’ Climate Lobby that uses art to build public and political support of climate action.
Art Works For Change is a nonprofit organization that creates contemporary art exhibitions to address critical social and environmental issues. Our museum-quality exhibitions are hosted by fine art institutions all over the world, and feature artists whose work promotes awareness, provokes dialogue, and inspires action.