The City of St. Helena has a long history of public support for library service. As early as 1875 there was movement underway to establish a library. The current building at 1492 Library Lane was constructed in 1979 and named for a much loved local physician, Dr. George Wood, who was also a major donor and long time supporter of the library.
The library currently houses some 96,000 books, videos, DVD’s, books on CD and tape, CDs, newspapers, magazines, microfilm and other media. Also part of the library collection is the Napa Valley Wine Library, consisting of some 3,500 titles and over 6,000 items. The world famous Silverado Museum is housed in a wing of the Library Building.
Mar 26, 2020
Mar 12, 2020
Feb 27, 2020
Feb 20, 2020